Originally built in 1916 and the last of four Carnegie-funded libraries constructed in Minneapolis, Hosmer Library recently underwent a sensitive renovation of the interior spaces for increased flexibility, new furnishings, outdoor reading circle and improved access to library technological services. The outdoor reading circle includes reclaimed (from Nicolet Mall) granite blocks with inspirational reading words carved into them. The blocks are arranged to create an intimate seating circle. The ground level was sandblasted a cool triangular kaleidoscope pattern.
Client & Collaborators
Leo A Daly